Poulton Library - Culture Hack 11 - 17 Years
Are you between 11-17 years?
Would you like to help at Poulton Library.
Then volunteering to this opportunity would be a great.
Culture Hack – Volunteer activities for young people aged 11- 17 years
Every year the Lancashire Library Service generates the need for Culture hacks to help keep young people reading and motivated.
As a Culture Hack we are offering you a chance to:
- Share your skills and interests with others
- Take part in an introduction programme with support from a designated member of staff as a contact for assistance and feedback
- Training and support
What are you volunteering for?
Activities may include:
- Helping children to read/chose books
- Planning and promoting library offers and events
- Assisting and running a variety of activities
- Other activities-in agreement with staff at the library
- Log volunteering hours where applicable via an on-line computer system
What are we asking for from you?
- Attendance at an agreed time
- To behave in accordance with library rules and regulations
- To comply with the Volunteer Acceptable Use Guidelines
What type of skills and personal qualities do young volunteers aged 11+ need?
The volunteer should:
- Be a good communicator
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be reliable and committed
Please speak to a member of staff at the library before applying
This activity generally occurs on
- Saturday Morning