Chorley Day Services - Chorley Day Services – Activity Group Support
Chorley Adult Disability Day Services; Weldbank Lane; Chorley; PR7 3NQ
Day services are provided in community settings. The service aims to support people with disabilities to regain/learn skills and confidence and help them to achieve their personal goals.
The volunteer must have the skills, knowledge and ability to help maximise the individual clients potential.
To provide initial support to a group of adults with disabilities with a range of activities, such as:
- Baking/ cooking sessions
- Gardening (helping on allotment)
- Arts and crafts, including pottery
- Yoga and other relaxation sessions
- Digital champion - to help develop a basic computer session (using interactive whiteboard)
- Drama group
- Good communication skills
- A basic level of understanding for supporting a diverse group of adults with learning disabilities
- To log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
- To complete minimum level training e.g. Safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role.
To apply - click the 'Fill in an application' button on the right of this screen
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - All Day
- Tuesday - All Day
- Wednesday - All Day
- Thursday - All Day
- Friday - All Day
- Saturday - All Day
- Sunday - All Day