Employability - ICT Skills Builder volunteer
Are you looking to improve your ICT support skills? This may the opportunity for you.
We are looking for volunteers to support learners develop their ICT skills to help with employability and for everyday use.
Examples of support includes using a mouse and keyboard, creating an email, job searching, using Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel.
The ICT drop ins are delivered weekly during term time
A DBS is required for this role.
- Support with course paperwork i.e. signing in sheet, enrolment form, individual learning plans etc.
- Induct new learners including health and safety and housekeeping
- Support learners to achieve their learning goals
- Log volunteering hours on-line
- ICT and communication skills
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be reliable and committed
- Bi-lingual speakers is an advantage
Volunteers are required to complete minimum level training required for this role.
Thursday 10 -12 or 1-3 pm
LOCATION: (Full address please including postcode)
Bank Top Neighbourhood Learning Centre, Arthur Way, Blackburn, BB2 1QP
Audley Neighbourhood Learning Centre, Pringle St, Blackburn, BB1 1SF
This activity generally occurs on
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon