Parbold Library - Coffee Morning Support
Across Lancashire our libraries cater for the needs of their local communities and help reduce social isolation by running regular events and acting as the venue for many other local groups' and activities. Because the library service works so well to provide what is needed locally they act as the main hub of their community and by having rooms that can be booked by other agencies there are continual new schemes and projects starting up and taking place. This means the need for volunteers to help assist the service is vital.
Tasks – Under supervision the volunteer will:
- Participate but not lead on ensuring the smooth running of various library social events which may include coffee mornings, music recitals, craft activities i.e. knit & natter, card making, art / hobby, and games activities i.e. chess, scrabble, and dominoes.
- Help in promoting the event - if appropriate (participate but not lead).
- Help in preparing the spaces before and after the sessions.
- Help with refreshments - if appropriate.
- Act as extra set of eyes.
- Assisting at themed events i.e. World Poetry Day, World Health Day, Heritage Open Day and Safer Internet Day.
- Welcoming the public to the sessions.
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system.
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role.
- Be confident when dealing with all members of the public
- Be a good communicator
- Be reliable and committed
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
Please speak to a member of library staff before applying
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer
support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the
required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to
regularly refresh training where required.
This activity generally occurs on
- Friday Afternoon
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account