Health Improvement - Health & Wellbeing Session Support Volunteer
Health & Wellbeing Session Support Volunteer
Do you have a few hours a week spare to help support others?
This role is ideal for volunteers who would like to support regular group activity sessions within the community.
This could be supporting a gym session, stroke rehabilitation, falls prevention, buggy boot camp, and those with COPD in a Leisure Centre or community setting.
The re:fresh service offers the people of Blackburn with Darwen the opportunity to access a huge range of leisure, health and well-being activities, sports activities, health and dietary advice plus much more.
The tasks required of a Session Support Volunteer are:
- Assist with setting up the activity by helping to put the equipment out
- To support staff delivering the sessions
- Supporting participants at the sessions
Log volunteering hours via an on-line computer system
The qualities we require from the Session Support Volunteer are:
- Be friendly and approachable
- Committed to the role and to regularly volunteer at the times of the session
- Physically active, able to help others
- Enthusiastic and motivated to help others achieve their goals
- Interested in health and well-being and the welfare of participants to gain a rewarding experience
- TRAINING: All volunteers will be supported through a training program which will enable them to deliver their role.
- LOCATION: Blackburn with Darwen
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyVolunteerPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account