YPS - Youth Club
Children and young people come along to enjoy, learn and achieve in a safe, supportive environment; where they socialise with peers and meet new friends, whilst receiving relevant advice, information and guidance.
We are looking for volunteers to support a number of projects for young people aged 13-19. The activities take place on a weekly basis at various venues/ centres Borough wide.
- To work directly with children to develop their social education by providing programmes of activities
- To assist with the project programme plan, monitoring and evaluation
- Log volunteering hours via an on-line computer system
- Undertake all duties with regard for all policies and procedures
- Undertake any relevant training and attend service meetings
- Patience and tolerance
- The ability to have fun
- The ability to positively engage with children and young people
- Good communication skills
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. An Enhanced DBS is required for this role.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday Evening
- Tuesday Evening
- Wednesday Evening
- Thursday Evening
- Friday Evening
- Sunday Evening