Gawthorpe Hall Museum - Grounds Work
Overview of Service:
We are looking to create a new volunteer role to help in the wider grounds of the Hall.
We require a volunteer who will be able to help us maintain the high level of care of the museum grounds by assisting with 'litter picking' and 'car parking duties'.
Volunteer Grounds workers assist full-time staff to look after the grounds and gardens, and give advice and assistance if required to our many visitors.
· Litter picking and clearing around the grounds, particularly in the immediate vicinity on the Hall and main visitor routes.
· Assisting visitors with where to park, general welcome and directing visitors to the facilities on site.
· Meet and Greet for any coach parties arriving – give a general introduction and ensure visitors know where the main parts of the site are.
· Help to brighten up a visitor's day.
· Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
· Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
· Be good communicator
· Be committed
· Patience and understanding
· Physically fit
· Friendly & approachable
· caring nature
· Aware of confidentiality
Gawthorpe Hall Burnley
Schedule (Days and Times)
When the Hall is open to the public from end of March to end of October, Wednesday through to Sunday. We are particularly looking for people to assist at weekends and bank holidays as these are the busiest times.
Any mandatory training:
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Is this post subject to DBS/Vetting: Yes
Is This will be solitary at times with reference to a member of staff based within the Hall, especially at weekends when staffing reduced.
This activity generally occurs on
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon