Lady Elsie Finney Home For Older People - Activity Support - Lady Elsie Finney HFOP
Lady Elsie Finney House Home for Older People - Activity Support
Cottam Ave, Cottam, Preston PR2 3XH
Older people services operates using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents.
Our core purpose is to provide high quality competitive, and person centred residential and day time support for the people of Lancashire.
The service has 18 homes for older people and 12 day centres throughout Lancashire.
Support from a Volunteer can help make a difference in someone's life, even if it's just a smile.
As an Activity Assistant volunteer you will be encouraged to act as a friend to residents and assist them to partake in small group activities or share your hobby/ interest to create a new group for a small number of older people. Activities may include:-
- Reminisce activities for residents with dementia
- Baking with a small group
- Playing board games, cards, dominoes
- Arts and crafts
Sharing your hobbies/interests
Activity Assistant volunteers need to:
- Be good communicators;
- Be committed;
- Adhere to confidentiality guidelines;
- Friendly and approachable manner
Knowledge of dementia
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon