Meadowfield House Home for Older People, Meadowfield, Fulwood, Preston PR2 9NX - Gardening Support volunteers at Meadowfield House
Gardening Support Volunteers
Do you love gardening?
Meadowfield House are seeking enthusiastic Gardening Support Volunteers to help support their gardening tasks. The garden area plays a large part in residents wellbeing and Older people services operates using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents, staff, volunteers and Visitors.
Their core purpose is to provide person centred support for their service users.
This opportunity is weather dependant and the volunteer must be committed to carry out their support up to 3 hours a week.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Tasks - As a Gardening Support volunteer you will:
- Be encouraged to assist residents to tend to small areas of the garden e.g. planting & maintaining spring/summer pots and baskets.
- To include general maintenance and basic garden DIY
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a resident’s day
- Log your volunteering hours monthly on-line computer
- Complete training and commit to further training relevant to role
Qualities - Gardening Support Volunteers need to:
- Be a good communicator
- Be committed to providing a good reliable service
- Patience and understanding
- Have general knowledge of gardening/ planting/DIY
- Be friendly & approachable
- have a caring nature
Awareness of confidentiality
Training will be provided in the form of distance learning.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and will be expected to regularly refresh training when required.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening