Burnley Wood Neighbourhood Centre (CFW) - Neighbourhood Centre Gardening and Maintenance Support (CFW)
Neighbourhood Centre Gardening and Maintenance Support (CFW)
Overview of Service:
Do you want to make a difference to your local community by volunteering?
Children and Family Wellbeing Services support children, young people, and families (between 0 -19 years or up to 25 years if Special Education Needs and Disability), through difficult or challenging times
We are looking for volunteers to help with Gardening and Caretaker Support.
If you would like a way of getting more involved, or have the time and experience to share, this would be a great opportunity to consider.
This opportunity will give you the chance to:
· Make a positive difference to your Neighbourhood Centre and the community
· Use your creative skills
· Improve your confidence and self esteem
· There are many benefits to be gained for future career prospects from the volunteering experience you will receive relating to this opportunity.
As a gardening / maintenance support volunteer you will:-
· Volunteer gardeners are required to help to improve the external appearance of the centre by
assisting helpers under guidance in tending to small areas of the garden e.g. planting & maintaining spring/summer pots and baskets
· Be able to include the group to carry out general maintenance and basic garden DIY
· Encourage and spend some time chatting to others helping to combat feelings of loneliness, build confidence and motivate them by sharing skills related to the role. The centre is a Special Education Needs and Disability (SEND) family group support.
· Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
· Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
Location: Neighbourhood Centre to complete specific details here.
Required age: 18+ years
Schedule (Days and Times) Neighbourhood Centre to complete specific details.
Any mandatory training:
· Child Sexual Exploitation
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Is this post subject to Enhanced DBS/Vetting:
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account