Mearley Fold Day Centre Bright Street Clitheroe BB7 1NW - Copy of Engagement (Arts and Crafts) Volunteers
Engagement (Games) Volunteers
As an Engagement (Games) support volunteer you will be encouraged to act as a friend to residents and assist them to partake in small group games activities.
Older people services operate using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents, staff, volunteers, and visitors.
Their core purpose is to provide high quality and person centred residential and daytime support for the people of Lancashire.
This opportunity is available on a specific day and time. Please check you are available at that time before applying.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Reminisce activities for residents with dementia
- Playing board games, cards, dominoes, Bingo
- Log volunteering hours monthly on-line.
- Complete training and commit to further training relevant to the role
Activity Assistant volunteers need to:
- Be a good communicator
- Be committed to the role of providing a supportive service
- Be patience
- Adhere to confidentiality guidelines
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Knowledge of dementia
Training will be provided in the form of distance eLearning. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and will be asked to regularly refresh training as required.
This activity generally occurs on
- Friday Afternoon