Milbanke Home For Older People - Activity Assistant
Milbanke Home for Older People (Kirkham) – Activity Assistant
72 Station Road, Kirkham PR4 2HA
Sessions are held morning and afternoon, you will therefore be able to choose either or both.
Older people services operates using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents.
Our core purpose is to provide high quality competitive, and person centred residential and day time support for the people of Lancashire.
Support from a Volunteer can help make a difference in someone's life, even if it's just a smile.
As an Activity Assistant volunteer you will be encouraged to act as a friend to residents and assist them to partake in small group activities or share your hobby/ interest to create a new group for a small number of older people. Activities may include:-
- Reminisce activities for residents with dementia
- Baking with a small group
- Playing board games, cards, dominoes
- Arts and crafts
- Sharing your hobbies/interests
Activity Assistant volunteers need to:
- Be good communicators
- Be committed
- Adhere to confidentiality guidelines
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Knowledge of dementia
Volunteers will also be provided with relevant training required for this role.
To apply - click the 'Fill in an application' button on the right of this screen
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon