Woodside Home for Older People Burnley Road BB12 8SD - Woodside Engagement (Music) Volunteer
Do you have Musical skills that you would be willing to share with others?
This opportunity is seeking a volunteer skilled in music who can encourage residents to engage in singing sessions.
Music activities not only show someone that they are cared about, it can also provide them with a personal sense of improving their esteem, and feeling part of a group.
This opportunity takes place on a specific day and time. Please check you are available at that time before applying.
Older people services operate using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents, staff, volunteers, and visitors. Their core purpose is to provide high quality and person centred residential and daytime support for the people of Lancashire.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Be encouraged to act as a friend to residents and assist them to take part.
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a resident’s day
- Log volunteering hours monthly on-line
- Complete training and commit to further training relevant to role
- Be a good communicator
- Be committed to providing a good service
- Be patient
- Be empathetic
- Have knowledge of Older People’s needs
- Have Dementia awareness
- Be passionate about making older people feel good about themselves
- Have music ability skills knowledge of songs applicable to the age group would be an advantage.
Training will be provided in the form of distance eLearning. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and will be expected to regularly refresh training as required.
This activity generally occurs on
- Friday Morning