Broadfield House Home For Older People - Broadfield - Befriending Support Assistant
Do you have a few hours a week spare to become one of our befrienders?
The benefit of having a regular meeting with a befriender helps to increase the confidence, resilience and independence of our service user.
Support from a Volunteer can help make a difference in someone's life, even if it's just a smile.
Older people services operates using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents.
Our core purpose is to provide high quality competitive, and person centred residential and day time support for the people of Lancashire.
Volunteers must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Actively support, encourage and empower others to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives.
- Encouraged to spend some time chatting to residents and possibly sharing your hobbies/ interests therefore helping to combat feelings of loneliness and helping to brighten up a resident's day.
- Help to brighten up a resident's day
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
Befriending/ mentoring volunteers need to:
- Be good communicators
- Be empathy
- Be patient
- Have a caring nature
- Be committed to providing good service
- Be able to adhere to confidentiality guidelines
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account