Do you have a few hours a week spare to help support others?
The re:fresh service offers the people of Blackburn with Darwen the opportunity to access a huge range of leisure, health and well-being activities, sports activities, health and dietary advice plus much more.
We are seeking session support volunteers to help support group activity sessions within the community.
The role involves helping to deliver weekly sessions such as walking, cycling, fitness classes and gym sessions.
- To support the session leader to deliver the session
- Help to prepare the room and set up any equipment needed
- Take the register for the session
- To offer individual support to anyone who needs it
- To help the session leader as required
- Log volunteering hours via an on-line computer system
- Enthusiastic & motivated
- Good communication skills
- Reliable & trustworthy
- Friendly & approachable manner
- Have the physical capability to participate in the session
- Level 2 RSPH Award in encouraging physical activity
- Volunteer Learning passport
- MeLearning modules e.g. Disability confident, customer service
- Infection and Prevention Awareness for Front Line Staff
Dependent on session delivery
Mon – Fri AM/PM
Blackburn with Darwen
- DBS satisfactorily returned put in the expiry date (3 years from date of issue) Must be Returned
- Safeguarding Adults for volunteers (Volunteer Learning Passport) Must be Completed