Barrowford Library - Culture Hack 11-17 years
Do you love reading and the library?
Are you able to regularly commit to sharing your passion for books with others a few hours each week?
Are you between 11-17 years?
Then volunteering to be a Culture Hack would be a great opportunity for you.
Culture Hack – Volunteer activities for young people aged 11- 17 years
Every year the Lancashire Reading Journey generates the need for reading hacks to help keep young people reading and motivated.
As a Culture Hack we are offering you a chance to:
- Share your skills and interests with others
- Take part in an introduction programme with support from a designated member of staff as a contact for assistance and feedback
Training and support
What you are volunteering for:
Activities may include:
- Helping children to read/chose books
- Planning and promoting library offers and events
- Assisting and running a variety of activities
- Other activities-in agreement with staff at the library
- Log volunteering hours where applicable via an on-line computer system
What we are asking for from you
- Attendance at an agreed time
- To behave in accordance with library rules and regulations
- To comply with the Volunteer Acceptable Use Guidelines
What type of skills and personal qualities do young volunteers aged 11+ need?
The volunteer should:
- Be a good communicator
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be reliable and committed
Please speak to a member of staff at the library before applying
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday Morning
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon
- Saturday Morning