Fulwood Library - Supporting Library Activities for Adults
Singing Group - have you got the skills to help run a singing group for Adults with Dementia?
Supporting Library Activities for Adults Opportunity
Lancashire libraries care and cater for the needs of their local communities and are recognised as a safe space and often the main community hub.
The library service is continually involved with new projects to ensure they provide what is needed locally for all ages. By running regular events and acting as the venue for many other local groups' activities, they endeavour to help tackle the issues leading to social isolation.
The need for volunteers to help assist the service, by helping under supervision to provide many of the activities and projects, is vital.
Under supervision the volunteer will:
- Participate in ensuring smooth running of the singing group event.
- Helping to promoting the event -if appropriate.
- Help in setting up the spaces for sessions.
- Help with refreshments -if appropriate.
- Act as extra set of eyes.
- Assisting at themed events i.e. World Poetry Day, World Health Day, Heritage Open Day and Safer Internet Day.
- Welcoming library users to the sessions and be willing to help tackle social isolation by talking.
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system.
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role.
- Be musical and able to sing
- Be a confident communicator able to support all members of the public.
- Be reliable and committed
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
Please speak to a member of library staff before applying
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
This activity generally occurs on
- Thursday Morning