Gawthorpe Hall Museum - Gawthorpe Hall Museum – Room Steward
Gawthorpe Hall Museum – Room Steward
Gawthorpe Hall, Padiham, is looking to recruit volunteers to become room stewards, helping to provide knowledge and guidance to visitors.
Gawthorpe Hall is a superb Jacobean historic house, nestled in the shadow of Pendle Hill, east Lancashire. Built between 1600 and 1605 for the Shuttleworth family it had an iconic and important role in the local area.
Gawthorpe Hall is also part of Wonderful Things with special events, offers and creative entrance displays telling the story of the money made and money spent in Pennine Lancashire.
Volunteers will help with interpreting and explaining the building, historic rooms, and family history for visitors while the museum is open.
Ensure the security of objects in their stationed room and informing the duty officer of any issues.
Volunteers will also be responsible for ensuring that the rules of the museum are observed and provide basic emergency cover such as assisting in fire evacuations.
- Comfortable talking to people from many backgrounds and walks of life
- Approachable and friendly
- Able to learn and interpret historical facts
- Willing and able to negotiate an historic building with no lift
- Willing to approach visitors who touch or otherwise compromise objects and/or the building, and explain why they are asked not to do so.
Volunteers are required for 12pm-5pm, Wednesdays to Sundays, March – November, but we particularly need volunteers at weekends.
Please contact the museum prior to applying Tel: 01282 771004
This activity generally occurs on
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyVolunteerPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account