Family Learning Support Volunteer - FAMILY LEARNING SUPPORT
Service / Role Overview:
Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council Adult Learning Service provide a range of courses and we are looking for volunteers to support the Family Learning Team.
Family learning is an approach to engaging families to learn together, activities are specifically designed to enable parents to learn how to support their child’s learning.
The family learning volunteer role will involve supporting the tutor to deliver courses, supporting learners in a friendly manner, playing an active role in learning activities and encouraging learners to develop.
A DBS is required for this role.
- Assist tutor with classroom activities and topics
- Provide support to learners in order to help them get the most out of the session
- Engage in activities alongside learners
- Provide language support
Log volunteering hours via an on-line computer system
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be reliable and committed
Speaking a community language is an advantage
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Days and times vary dependent on course delivery Monday- Friday am or pm during term time. Classes are usually 2 hours.
Occasional weekend support may be required to support family learning events.
LOCATION: Courses run mainly at schools and various locations across Blackburn with Darwen
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon