Rossendale - Telephone Community Support Volunteer (Befriending)
Rossendale Community Support Volunteer
By becoming a Community Support Volunteer you are accepting the opportunity that could mark the turning point in someone's life. Supported by good training and supervision, the rewarding role of Community Support offers an excellent opportunity for personal development by obtaining new skills and experiences as well as a chance to put something back into the community.
Using their local knowledge of community services and groups, our Community Support Volunteers support people, who are not family or close friends and help tackle social isolation by using their excellent interpersonal skills to establish a mutually beneficial mentoring relationship with the service user. The benefit of having a regular meeting with a Community Support Volunteer helps to increase the confidence, resilience and independence of the service user, as our Community Support Volunteers actively support, encourage and empower them to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives.
To regularly visit the individual on a 1 : 1 basis either in their own home or a
- To regularly support the individual to achieve agreed positive goals to promote their independence - The role is unique to every individual's needs and circumstances
- To provide regular feedback on the progress of the individual via an on-line computer system
- To log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
- To complete minimum level training e.g. Safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role.
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Commitment of 1-2 hours minimum per week / Flexible
- Minimum commitment of 6 months is required
- Understanding of vulnerability
It would be an advantage to have an awareness of key issues – alcohol, drug abuse, mental health etc.
- Ability to use basic ICT systems
- Be able to deal with difficult situations in a professional manner
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Respect for equality and diversity.
To apply - click the 'Fill in an application' button on the right of this screen.
Further information – if you would like further information prior to applying for this activity please contact 01772 531323 quoting Rossendale Community Support or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon