Rishton Neighbourhood Centre (CFW) Station Rd BB1 4HF - Neighbourhood Centre Gardening and Maintenance Support (CFW)
Overview of Service:
Lancashire's Wellbeing, Prevention and Early Help service offers support to children, young people and families age 0-19+yrs (0 - 25yrs for SEND) and their families. The service identifies as early as possible when a child, young person or family needs support, helping them to access services to meet their needs, working with them to ensure the support offered is right for them, offered in the right place, at the right time.
Do you want to make a difference to your local community?
Do you want to make a difference and help your neighbourhood centre to support children/young people and their families?
If you would like a way of getting more involved, or have the time and experience to share, this would be a great opportunity to consider.
This opportunity will give you the chance to:
- Make a positive difference to your Neighbourhood Centre and the community
- Use your creative skills
- Improve your confidence and self esteem
- There are many benefits to be gained for future career prospects from the work experience you will receive relating to this opportunity.
- Experience training and learning
As a gardening / maintenance support volunteer you will:-
- Assist the neighbourhood centre to tend to small areas of the garden e.g. planting & maintaining sensory garden areas
- Assist with routine care taking tasks as required at the Neighbourhood Centre
- Support and assist staff as required
- Help if required to teach new skills, build confidence and motivate others by sharing skills related to the role
- Log your volunteering hours on your Better Impact volunteer account monthly via an on-line computer system
- Patience, understanding, approachable and friendly
- Non Judgemental
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Committed to providing a good service
- Reliable and committed to providing long term volunteering support
Location: Neighbourhood Centre to complete specific details here.
Required age: 18+ years
Schedule (Days and Times) Neighbourhood Centre to complete specific details here.
Any mandatory training:
- Child Sexual Exploitation
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Is this post subject to Enhanced DBS/Vetting?
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - All Day
- Tuesday - All Day
- Wednesday - All Day
- Thursday - All Day
- Friday - All Day
- Saturday - All Day
- Sunday - All Day
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyVolunteerPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account