Lancaster District - Lancashire Refugee Resettlement Programme - Groups support volunteer - Lancaster District LRRP
Group Support Volunteer – Lancashire Refugee Resettlement Programme
It is pivotal to feeling integrated into a new area to provide access to specific groups and places where those encountering new situations feel able to relax & share.
Lancashire Refugee Resettlement Programme require volunteers to help support those groups and activities.
· Support and assist staff to run sessions and activities as required for the group
· Help setting up the room for group work and tidying up afterwards (Building based)
· Help with building new skills, confidence, motivation, and developing confidence
in communicating in English
· Engaging with groups supporting those attending to take part and to get involved
· Log volunteering hours regularly on Better Impact Volunteers account
- Be over the age of 18
- Interest in refugee issues
- Patience and understanding
- Approachable and Friendly
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Trustworthy & responsible
- An ability to motivate and inspire others
- Good communication skills (no additional language skills required)
- Active Listener
- Reliable and committed to providing long term volunteering support on dates required
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Commitment to addressing the needs of refugees and asylum seekers
Dates & times will be provided upon completion of training and acceptance to the role.
This role is subject to DBS check