Eavesdale Neighbourhood Centre (CFW - Neighbourhood Centre Delivery Support Volunteer (CFW)
Neighbourhood Centre Delivery Support Volunteers (CFW)
Do you want to make a difference to your local community?
If you have a few hours to spare each week and are able to volunteer, this would be a great opportunity to consider.
We are seeking Delivery Support Volunteers to assist members of staff, to help those who are accessing our services for group activities.
This opportunity will give a volunteer the chance to:
· Gain experience from volunteering for this opportunity.
· Make a positive difference to a child, young person, and their family.
· Use their creative skills.
· Improve their confidence and self-esteem.
Overview of Service:
The Children and Family Wellbeing Service offers support to children, Young people and families age 0-19+years, (0-25 Years for SEND) and their families.
The service identifies as early as possible when a child, young person or family needs support.
All tasks are carried out under the supervision of a member of staff:
· Confirm attendance of those who are using the groups by telephoning when required.
· Photocopying items to be used at the group sessions.
· Help setting up the room for group work and tidying up afterwards.
· Meet and greet those visiting the centre for group activities.
· Ensure those accessing the centre sign in and out.
· Engaging with groups for children, young people and their families as required.
· Log volunteering hours on computer Better Impact account.
· Patience and understanding
· Approachable and Friendly
· Non Judgemental
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Good Communication skills – Good Active Listener
· Reliable and committed to providing long term volunteering support
Location: Neighbourhood Centre to complete specific details here
Required age: 18+ years
Schedule (Days and Times) Neighbourhood Centre to complete specific details here
Any mandatory training:
· Child Sexual Exploitation
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Is this post subject to Enhanced DBS/Vetting:
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - All Day
- Tuesday - All Day
- Wednesday - All Day
- Thursday - All Day
- Friday - All Day
- Saturday - All Day
- Sunday - All Day