The Zone in West Lancashire (CFW) - Neighbourhood Centre Group Support (CFW)
Overview of Service:
Lancashire's Wellbeing, Prevention and Early Help service offers support to children, young people and families age 0-19+yrs (0 - 25yrs for SEND) and their families. The service identifies as early as possible when a child, young person or family needs support, helping them to access services to meet their needs, working with them to ensure the support offered is right for them, offered in the right place, at the right time.
Do you want to make a difference and give children/young people and their families' confidence?
Do you want to make a difference to your local community?
If you would like a way of getting more involved, or have the time and experience to share, this would be a great opportunity to consider.
This opportunity will give you the chance to:
- Make a positive difference to a child, young person, and their family.
- Use your creative skills
- Improve your confidence and self esteem
- Improve your skills and qualifications
- Get a job reference - there are many benefits to be gained for future career prospects from the work experience you will receive relating to this opportunity.
- Experience training and learning
- Support and assist staff to run sessions and activities as required for the group
- Help setting up the room for group work and tidying up afterwards.
- Help teach new skills, build confidence and motivate
- Engaging with groups for children, young people and their families
- Supporting children and young people with additional needs
- To Log Volunteering hours on their better impact account.
- Patience and understanding
- Approachable and Friendly
- Non Judgemental
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Team Player
- Ability to motivate and inspire others
- Good Communication skills – Good Active Listener
- Reliable and committed to providing long term volunteering support
Location : this will be entered when the opportunity presents at the N.C
Required Age: 18+ Years
Schedule (Days and Times) Neighbourhood Centre to complete specific details here
Any mandatory training:
- Child Sexual Exploitation
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Is this post subject to Enhanced DBS/Vetting:
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - All Day
- Tuesday - All Day
- Wednesday - All Day
- Thursday - All Day
- Friday - All Day
- Saturday - All Day
- Sunday - All Day