YPS - Youth Support Volunteer
Service / Role Overview:
Young People’s Services provides a targeted youth support service for children and young people aged 8-19 years or aged 5-21 years for those with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
We are looking for Youth Support volunteers to support a number of our projects for children and young people aged 8 – 19 years (5 – 21 with SEND). The activities take place on a weekly basis at various venues and centres borough wide.
- To support children/young people to develop their social education through a programme of activities
- To assist with the project programme planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Log volunteering hours via an on-line computer system
- Undertake all duties with regard for all policies and procedures
- Undertake any relevant training and attend service meetings
- Knowledge of the issues that affect children and young people
- Patience and a good sense of humour
- The ability to positively engage with children and young people
- Good communication skills
TRAINING: Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Two references and an enhanced DBS is required for this role. DBS check undertaken at no cost to the volunteer.
YPS operate 7 days a week.
Afternoon and evening face to face provision during term time.
Mornings, afternoons and evenings during school holidays
Residential trips take place throughout the year.
YPS, Daisyfield Base, Moss St, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB1 5JT.
We also operate at Kaleidoscope Youth Centre, Off Manxman Road, Blackburn and at Darwen Youth Centre, Knott St, Darwen.