Vale View Day Centre - Vale View Day Centre (Lancaster) – Gardening Assistant
Vale View Day Centre (Lancaster) – Gardening Assistant
Vale View Day Centre, Stratford Close, Lancaster, LA1 2JP
This is a flexible opportunity based on your own availability. Times/ days can be arranged upon application.
Older people services operates using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents.
Our core purpose is to provide high quality competitive, and person centred residential and day time support for the people of Lancashire.
The service has 18 homes for older people and 12 day centres throughout Lancashire.
Support from a Volunteer can help make a difference in someone's life, even if it's just a smile.
- As a Gardening Assistant volunteer you will be encouraged to assist residents to tend to small areas of the garden e.g. planting & maintaining spring/summer pots and baskets. To include general maintenance and basic garden DIY
Gardening Assistant volunteers need to:
- Be good communicators;
- Be committed;
- Patience and understanding;
- Some general knowledge of gardening/ planting/DIY
- Friendly & approachable,
- caring nature
- Aware of confidentiality.
Volunteers will also be provided with relevant training required for this role.
To apply - click the 'Fill in an application' button on the right of this screen
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon