Little Harwood Children's Centre - Group Support
Do you enjoy supporting children and their families?
If you are able to commit to a regularly supporting volunteering opportunity, Blackburn with Darwen Children’s Services are looking for volunteers to help them:
- provide support to various groups running in the children’s centre
- Volunteering alongside members of staff to engage with children and their families in various group activities.
Please note that a DBS check is required for this role
- Take part in supporting craft activities
- Supporting with various play activities
- Ensuring a clean and tidy environment for children and families to play and learn.
- Supporting staff members to prepare for the play session, setting up the room with appropriate activities
- Log volunteering hours via an on-line computer system
- Ability to learn and understand how to protect children from risk of harm
- Good communication skills
- Enthusiastic and Motivated to providing a good service
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to understand and be productive whilst supporting children’s noise levels
- Ability to contribute effectively as part of a team
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Training includes: Basic safeguarding, Baby Friendly Initiative
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon