Rossendale District - Lancashire Refugee Resettlement Programme - Integration Support Volunteer - Rossendale District LRRS
Integration Support Volunteer – Lancashire Refugee Resettlement Programme
Lancashire Refugee Resettlement Programme require volunteers to support & enable refugees to settle in Lancashire.
The volunteer will be matched to a specific person for up to 6 months and act as a main regular support to help that person to integrate into the area by following achievable goals.
To support and help their matched person to achieve independence and self-sufficiency and developing confidence in communicating in English
- .To provide guidance on using public transport to access main central areas, with main goal being to progress from initial support to transitioning to being comfortable using bus services alone and meeting in central place.
- Sharing knowledge of the area and the facilities available, parks, main shops, places of worship, libraries, museums, local services, etc.
Encouraging confidence in communication through regular conversation practice and supportive feedback.
- Socialising support, joining local clubs, groups, library, gym etc.
- To be a mentor, providing understanding & empathy.
- Be over the age of 18
- Good communication skills (no additional language skills required)
- Ability to work on a one-to-one basis and as part of a team
- Interest in refugee issues
- Commitment to addressing the needs of refugees and asylum seekers
- Understanding of skills, training
- Ability to share knowledge of the district and local amenities, groups, public services
- To log volunteering hours on-line.
- To complete training relevant to role.
Specific days/ times will be arranged upon enquiry.
This role is subject to DBS checking
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening