Neighbourhoods - Health & Wellbeing Group Volunteer -Blackburn West Health Group
Are you interested in becoming more involved in the Health & Wellbeing of your community?
Do you have ideas about Health & Wellbeing focussed local events that would benefit others?
Blackburn West Health Group requires enthusiastic volunteers to help support a number of projects that will assist in improving the Health and Wellbeing of the local community,
and aims to increase the health & wellbeing of local residents by promoting a variety of health messages and organising events and activities.
Volunteers need to be aged over 18 to apply for this role.
- Attend group meetings approx. once a month
- Contribute to group discussions re: planning future events and activities
- Attend relevant health related training courses
- Attend events and activities organised by the group
- Publicise events and activities planned by the group/ distribute promotional material
- Liaise with members of the public
- Monitor and record contacts made during activities/events using signing in sheets
- Have a general interest in health and well being
- Friendly and approachable
- Enthusiastic and motivated
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
This activity generally occurs on
- Thursday Afternoon