Wyre Adult Disability Day Services - Larkholme Avenue - Gardening Support Volunteer
Do you like gardening?
Are you able to spend a few hours a week helping to maintain our garden?
Gardening Support volunteers required at Wyre Day Centre, Larkholme, Fleetwood.
We are seeking volunteers to help us with our garden. The grounds around the day centre has been developed in partnership with several local community groups and is in need of tending.
Our core purpose is to provide high quality competitive, and person centred residential Day services provided in a community settings. The service aims to support people with disabilities to regain/learn skills and confidence and help them to achieve their personal goals. We are looking for volunteers to befriend individuals whilst they are attending sessions at the Day Service. The volunteer must have the skills, knowledge and ability to help maximise the individual clients potential.
Volunteers must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This is a flexible opportunity to suit weather conditions and based on your own availability.
As a Gardening Support volunteer you will be encouraged to:
- Tend to small areas of the garden e.g. planting & maintaining spring/summer pots and baskets
- Provide guidance on general garden maintenance and basic garden DIY
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
Gardening Support volunteers need to:
- Be good communicators
- Be committed to providing a good service
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly & approachable
- Have a caring nature
- Have some general knowledge of gardening/ planting/DIY
- Be aware of confidentiality
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Monday to Sunday – Mornings & Afternoons
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyVolunteerPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account