Vale View Day Centre - Vale View Day centre (Lancaster) - Baking Support
Baking Support Volunteers
One of the best things about baking (apart from the lovely smell of freshly cooked food and cakes) is the pleasure of sharing it with others.
If you love to cook and are able to share that enthusiasm to encourage others (some of whom may never have baked before) this could be the ideal opportunity for you.
Older people services operates using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents. Our core purpose is to provide high quality competitive, and person centred residential and day time support for the people of Lancashire.
Support from a Volunteer can help make a difference in someone’s life, even if it’s just a smile.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Assisting a small group of service users with baking – following hygiene rules
- Actively support, encourage and empower the service user to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a resident’s day
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
Volunteers will be provided with the relevant training required for this role and should have successfully passed essential training before starting
- Good knowledge of baking and keen to share these skills with a small group of service users at the centre
- Be good communicators
- Be committed to providing a good service
- Be patient
- Adhere to confidentiality guidelines
- Be friendly and have an approachable manner
Have knowledge and awareness of dementia issues
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon