Employability - Digital Buddy
Blackburn with Darwen Adult Learning offer a wide range of Digital and ICT courses across the borough, these courses are designed to engage learners with a range of needs, skills and abilities. We are looking for volunteers to support our learners with their skills development. Would you like to be a Digital Buddy?
Digital Buddies is a new social connection support project linked to the Adult Learning provision in Blackburn with Darwen.
We are looking for people with excellent digital skills who would like to support those who are digitally excluded because of low level skills or the lack of access to devices and connectivity.
The project aims to help people stay connected with family and friends and continue the learning they are participating in. We also aim to help combat loneliness through regular phone calls from our digital volunteers.
- To support people to access social media, websites and other online resources to reduce isolation and promote online independence.
- To support people with a range of devices including smart phones, tablets, laptops and desktop computers.
- To communicate effectively to enable people to follow instructions and achieve their desired outcomes.
- Log volunteering hours via an on-line computer system
- Demonstrate clear and concise communication skills.
- Be patient, calm, empathetic and reassuring.
- Be able to respond to the digital needs of the individual.
- Have excellent digital skills.
Volunteer coordination and support is available Mon-Wed from the ICT team.
Volunteers are able to negotiate their own schedule with their allocate ‘buddy’.
Be able to provide a support for a minimum of 1 hour per week.
Supporting from home
Centre base: Bank Top Neighbourhood Learning Centre, Arthur Way, Blackburn, BB2 1QP, 01254 581175
- DBS satisfactorily returned put in the expiry date (3 years from date of issue) Must be Returned