Lady Elsie Finney Home For Older People - Arts and Crafts Volunteers
Arts and Crafts Volunteers
Do you love doing arts and crafts activities?
As an Arts and Crafts volunteer you will be encouraged to act as a friend to residents and assist them to partake in small group activities within and around the home or share your hobby/ interest to create a new group for a small number of older people.
Would you like to share your arts & crafts skills with others?
Older people services operates using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents.
Our core purpose is to provide high quality competitive, and person centred residential and day time support for the people of Lancashire.
Support from a Volunteer can help make a difference in someone’s life, even if it’s just a smile.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Volunteers will also be provided with relevant training required for this role
Activities may include:-
- Encourage individuals to participate in 1:1 and group arts and crafts activities
- Arts and crafts
- Actively support, encourage and empower the service user to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a resident’s day
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
Volunteers will be provided with relevant training required for this role
Arts and Craft volunteers need to:
- Be good communicators
- Be committed to providing a good service
- Be patience
- Adhere to confidentiality guidelines
- Be friendly and have an approachable manner
Have knowledge and awareness of dementia issues
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon