Rossendale - Helmshore Mills Textile Museum - Activities Support Volunteer
Activities Volunteers (to help in the delivery of Arts & Crafts sessions)
Do you have the Arts & Crafts skills required for this opportunity?
The Museum is looking for people with a wide range of skills to help with their many summer activities for adults and Children.
The service is continually involved with new projects to ensure they provide what is needed locally for all ages. By running events they endeavour to help tackle the issues leading to social isolation.
The need for volunteers to help assist the service, by helping under supervision to provide many of the activities and projects, is vital.
If you live in the local area and have the skills required, this would be the ideal volunteering opportunity for you.
- Ensure the smooth running of the activity session.
- Helping to promoting the event -if appropriate.
- Help by preparing the required equipment for the sessions.
- Help in setting up the spaces for sessions.
- Help with refreshments -if appropriate.
- Act as an extra set of eyes.
- Assisting at themed events
- Welcoming visitors to the sessions and be willing to help tackle social isolation by talking.
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses (where applicable) on-line.
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role.
- Have a wide range of arts & Crafts skills
- Be confident at dealing with all members of the public
- Be a good communicator
- Be reliable and committed
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of distance ELearning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
This activity generally occurs on
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon