Fleetwood Library - Arts & Crafts volunteer -(Supporting Library Activities for Adults & Children)
Fleetwood Library are looking for someone with a wide range of Arts & Crafts skills to help with their many arts & crafts activities for adults and Children.
Lancashire libraries care and cater for the needs of their local communities and are recognised as a safe space and often the main community hub.
The library service is continually involved with new projects to ensure they provide what is needed locally for all ages. By running regular events and acting as the venue for many other local groups' activities, they endeavour to help tackle the issues leading to social isolation.
The need for volunteers to help assist the service, by helping under supervision to provide many of the activities and projects, is vital.
If you live in the local area and have the Arts & Crafts skills required, this would be the ideal volunteering opportunity for you.
- Ensure the smooth running of the Arts & Crafts activity.
- Helping to promoting the event -if appropriate.
- Help by preparing the required crafts for the sessions.
- Help in setting up the spaces for sessions.
- Help with refreshments -if appropriate.
- Act as extra set of eyes.
- Assisting at themed events i.e. World Poetry Day, World Health Day, Heritage Open Day and Safer Internet Day.
- Welcoming library users to the sessions and be willing to help tackle social isolation by talking.
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system.
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role.
- Have a wide range of arts & crafts skills
- Be confident at dealing with all members of the public
- Be a good communicator
- Be reliable and committed
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
Please speak to a member of library staff before applying
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
This activity generally occurs on
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyVolunteerPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account