Woodside Home for Older People Burnley Road BB12 8SD - Activity Assistant
Activity Support Volunteers
Do you enjoy sharing activities with others?
We are looking for Activity Assistants to help encourage and assist our residents.
Do you have a few hours to spare each week?
Older people services operates using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents. Our core purpose is to provide high quality competitive, and person centred residential and day time support for the people of Lancashire.
Support from a Volunteer can help make a difference in someone's life, even if it's just a smile.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
What we require from our Activity Assistants
As an Activity Assistant volunteer you will act as a friend to residents and assist them to partake in small group activities.
If you are able to share your hobby/ interest this could create a new group for a small number of older people.
Activities may include:-
- Actively support, encourage and empower the service user to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives
- Reminisce activities for residents with dementia
- Baking with a small group
- Playing board games, cards, dominoes
- Arts and crafts
- Sharing your hobbies/interests
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a resident's day
- To log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
To complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
Activity Assistant volunteers need to:
- Be good communicators
- Be committed to providing a good service
- Be patience
- Adhere to confidentiality guidelines
- Friendly and approachable manner
Knowledge of dementia
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon