Leyland Day Centre King Street, Leyland PR25 1LE - Leyland Day Centre - Walking Support Volunteers
Engagement (Walking Group Support) Volunteers required
Do you love walking?
There are few things as accessible and enjoyable as going for a good walk, the fresh air, the chance to watch the wildlife and look at nature, the sunshine. Unfortunately this is something that some people are unable to do on their own, so having a trusted volunteer to help is essential.
Do you have time to share your enjoyment of walking with others who would benefit from having a walking buddy so that they can go for a walk?
Older people services operate using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents, staff, volunteers, and visitors. Their core purpose is to provide person centred residential and daytime support for the people of Lancashire.
Support from a Volunteer can help make a great difference in someone’s life.
This activity session takes place on a specific day & time, please check your availability before applying.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check
- As a walking group support volunteer you will encourage residents to participate in 1:1 or group walking.
- Actively support, encourage and empower the service user to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a resident’s day
- Log volunteering hours monthly on-line
- Complete minimum level training and commit to further training relevant to role
Walking Group support Volunteers need to:
- Be a good communicator
- Be committed to providing a good service
- Be patient
- Be empathetic
- Have knowledge of Older People’s needs
- Have Dementia issues awareness
Training will be provided in the form of distance eLearning.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and will be asked to regularly refresh training as required.
This activity generally occurs on
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon