Beacon View Home For Older People - Beacon View - Activity Assistant
Beacon View Centre - Activity Assistant
Kiln Lane, Skelmersdale, WN8 8PW
Older people services operates using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents.
Our core purpose is to provide high quality competitive, and person centred residential and day time support for the people of Lancashire.
The service has 18 homes for older people and 12 day centres throughout Lancashire.
Support from a Volunteer can help make a difference in someone's life, even if it's just a smile.
As an Activity Assistant volunteer you will be encouraged to act as a friend to residents and assist them to partake in small group activities or share your hobby/ interest to create a new group for a small number of older people. Activities may include:-
- Reminisce activities for residents with dementia
- Baking with a small group
- Playing board games, cards, dominoes
- Arts and crafts
Sharing your hobbies/interests
Activity Assistant volunteers need to:
- Be good communicators;
- Be committed;
- Adhere to confidentiality guidelines;
- Friendly and approachable manner
Knowledge of dementia
Volunteers will also be provided with relevant training required for this role.
To apply - click the 'Fill in an application' button on the right of this screen
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyVolunteerPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account