Bowgreave Rise (HFOP) - Gardening Support Volunteers
Gardening Support Volunteers
Do you love gardening?
We are seeking enthusiastic Gardening Support Volunteers to help support gardening tasks. Older people services operates using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents. Our core purpose is to provide high quality competitive, and person centred residential and day time support for the people of Lancashire.
Support from a Volunteer can help make a difference in someone's life, even if it's just a smile.
Tasks - As a Gardening Support volunteer you will:
- Be encouraged to assist residents to tend to small areas of the garden e.g. planting & maintaining spring/summer pots and baskets.
- To include general maintenance and basic garden DIY
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a resident’s day
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
Qualities - Gardening Support Volunteers need to:
- Be good communicators
- Be committed
- Patience and understanding
- Some general knowledge of gardening/ planting/DIY
- Friendly & approachable
- caring nature
Aware of confidentiality
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon