Adlington Library - Adlington Library - Supporting Library Activities for Children
Lancashire libraries care and cater for the needs of their local communities and are recognised as a safe space and often the main community hub. The library service is continually involved with new projects to ensure they provide what is needed locally for all ages. By running regular events and acting as the venue for many other local groups' activities, they endeavour to help tackle the issues leading to social isolation.
Children's Activities include:
Baby, Bounce & Rhyme, Story Time and Toddler Rhyme Time. These sessions encourage learning with the enjoyment of sharing rhymes & books.
There are many other regular activities and events including: Digital skills courses, Mental Health & Wellbeing groups, Reading groups, Craft Activities for all ages as well as providing information and knowledge for enquiries.
The need for volunteers to help assist the service, by helping under supervision to provide many of the activities and projects, is vital.
- Deliver, under supervision, stories to pre-school children and families.
- Assist staff by helping to set up sessions, arranging seating and tidying up afterwards.
- Acting as an extra set of eyes, and willingness to participate in the session.
- Welcoming new Mums and children to the sessions and serving refreshments as appropriate.
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system.
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role.
- Be confident at dealing with children
- Be a good communicator
- Be reliable and committed
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
Please speak to a member of library staff before applying
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
This activity generally occurs on
- Thursday Morning