Hancock Street Children's Centre - Centre Assistant
Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council provides a range of services and activities to support children under five, parents and carers and prospective parents.
There are 8 children’s centres in Blackburn with Darwen which act as a network of support.
Children’s centres are developed in line with the needs of the local community. No one children’s centre is the same but each provides a core set of services.
Most children’s centres are open from 8am to 6pm – Monday to Friday.
We are seeking volunteers to provide reception/administration duties to support day to day operations of the children’s centre alongside a member of staff.
We are seeking volunteers to support all elements of day to day operations of the children’s centre alongside a member of staff.
A DBS check is required for this role.
- To ensure the Children’s Centre is clean, safe and fit for purpose
- To support the catering requirements of the Children’s Centre
- Follow Health and Safety policies
- Prepare rooms for use
- Safe storage of equipment
- Laundry duties
- Replenish stock and supplies
- Log volunteering hours via an on-line computer system
- Enthusiastic and Motivated
- Good communication skills
- A commitment to providing good customer care
- Ability to clean
- Adaptable and able to support a variety of roles
- Ability to carry out tasks under supervision and on own initiative
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to learn and understand how to protect children from risk of harm
Ability to contribute effectively as part of a team
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Training includes: Basic safeguarding, Baby Friendly Initiative, Protecting Information, Basic Food Hygiene, Health and Safety.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyVolunteerPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account