South Ribble Day Services West Paddock Leyland PR25 1HR - South Ribble Adult Disability Day Services – Arts & Crafts Support
South Ribble Adult Disability Day Services – Arts & Crafts support
West Paddock Leyland PR25 1HR
Do you love doing arts and crafts activities? As an Arts and Crafts volunteer you will be encouraged to act as a friend to our service users and assist them to partake in small group activities within and around the Centre or perhaps share your agreed on hobby / interest to create a new group activity. Support and encouragement from a volunteer can help make a difference in someone’s life.
Adult Disability Day Services operate using quality services which are provided in a safe way. Their core purpose is to provide high quality competitive, and person-centred daytime support for the people of Lancashire.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Encourage individuals to participate in specified 1:1 and group arts and crafts activities
- Take part in Arts and crafts activities
- Actively support, encourage, and empower the service user to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to the service users, helping them to combat feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up the service user's day
- Log your volunteering hours monthly on-line
- Complete minimum level training
- Be a good communicator
- Be committed to providing a good service
- Be patience
- Adhere to confidentiality guidelines
- Be friendly and have an approachable manner
- Have knowledge and awareness of disability issues
Training will be provided in the form of distance eLearning. Volunteers must have completed the required eLearning modules before any activity can be undertaken and regularly refresh training when required.
This activity generally occurs on
- Thursday Afternoon