Blackburn Central Library - Home Library Delivery Service Volunteer
Do you have a few hours spare a week to volunteer?
Would you like to help support Home Library service Customers in your community?
We are looking for volunteers to help deliver library items to those in their community who are unable to access the service. Volunteers will be helping to provide a service to home library service customers.
All volunteers will be required to provide two character references and successfully complete an enhanced DBS checks prior to starting their role.
Home Delivery Service volunteers need their own transport, appropriate car insurance and a current driving licence.
- To deliver library materials to older and housebound people within the borough of Blackburn with Darwen
- To make a contribution to the health and wellbeing of all customers
- To participate in meetings and one to one supervision sessions as relevant
- Attend relevant training courses/workshops
- Log volunteering hours via an on-line computer system
- An interest in books and reading
- Willingness to directly support older people
- Ability to contribute effectively as part of a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Basic organisational skills
- A commitment to providing good customer care
- Ability to carry out tasks with minimum supervision
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
SCHEDULE: Mon – Fri AM/PM
LOCATION: Pick up will be from either Blackburn or Darwen Library, delivery routes are arranged in consultation with individual volunteers
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon