Lady Elsie Finney Home For Older People - Pamper & Beauty Support Volunteers
Do you have a skill for 'Pamper & Beauty' that you would be willing to share with others?
We are seeking an assistant skilled in pamper and beauty to encouraged residents to take part in beauty sessions and assist them with manicuring their nails. The assistant would need to have the ability to offer residents therapeutic and relaxing hand massages and be able to offer make up days for the residents.
A pamper and beauty session activity not only shows someone that they are cared about, it can also provide them with a personal sense of improving their esteem.
Older people services operates using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents. Our core purpose is to provide high quality competitive, and person centred residential and day time support for the people of Lancashire.
Support from a Volunteer can help make a difference in someone’s life, even if it’s just a smile.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
As a Pamper and Beauty Support Volunteer you will:-
- Be encouraged to act as a friend to residents and assist them with manicuring their nails.
- You will be able to offer the residents therapeutic and relaxing hand massages
- You will be able to offer cosmetic make up days for the residents
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a resident’s day
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
Volunteers will be provided with training required for this role and have successfully passed their essential training before starting
Qualities - Pamper and Beauty Assistant Volunteers need to:
- Be good communicators
- Be committed
- Be patient
- Be empathetic
- Have knowledge of Older People’s needs
- Have Dementia awareness
- Be passionate about making older people feel good about themselves
Have basic beauty and pampering skills
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon