Albion Mill - Centre Admin Support volunteer
Service / Role Overview:
Volunteering in community venues is extremely rewarding, as you will meet people from all walks of life and will be able to make a positive difference to their lives.
The Albion Mill residents and the wider community look forward to moving in to this new build, and to creating a pleasant atmosphere for all who use it.
Run by Inclusion housing and supported by the Blackburn with Darwen’s Neighbourhood Team, along with the NHS.
Albion Mill will play a major part, to those living in the complex, and the wider community using the Hub. A number of agencies that meet the needs of the residents and the community will be working from there. We will have a really busy reception area where you will be meeting and greeting people coming into the complex, primarily consisting of Community Hub users and visitors.
All roles will provide valuable experience and opportunities to access training.
The role of a Centre assistant administration volunteer is to provide support by meeting and greeting people, knowing what activities are going on in the building, directing people to different levels within the complex, and to support the organisation of the Community Hub diary, both manually and via computerised systems, where training will be given.
Please note that all volunteers are required to have a DBS, enhanced certificate for both Adult and children’s workforce.
- Dealing with queries from customers via phone, email and face to face.
- Greeting visitors at reception.
- Log volunteering hours via an on-line computer system.
- On-line and manual room hire bookings.
- Updating computer records.
- Printing and photocopying.
- Supporting the review of policies and procedures for improving centre management
- Organisational skills.
- IT skills.
- Non-judgemental and treats everyone fairly
- Friendly and approachable. Loves to meet people.
- Numerical skills.
- Good level of English, spelling and grammar.
- Being comfortable in a community office/ reception environment.
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Mon-Fri hours to suit you: the volunteer.
LOCATION: Albion Mill Community Hub, Albion Street, Blackburn. BB2 4LX
- DBS satisfactorily returned put in the expiry date (3 years from date of issue) Must be Returned