WOODLANDS, Warwick Avenue, Clayton-le-Moors, Accrington BB5 5RW - Woodlands - Yoga activity
Yoga Activity Support Volunteers
We are looking for Yoga Activity support volunteers to help encourage and assist our residents in taking part in a set yoga session.
Do you have a few hours to spare each week?
Older people services operate using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents, staff, visitors, and volunteers. Their core purpose is to provide person centred residential and daytime support for the service users.
Support from a Volunteer to help them deliver activities is vital.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Act as a friend to residents and assist them to partake in the group activities.
- Actively support, encourage and empower the service user to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a resident's day
- To log volunteering hours monthly on-line
Activity Assistant volunteers need to:
- Be good communicators
- Be committed to providing a good service
- Be patience
- Adhere to confidentiality guidelines;
- Friendly and approachable manner
This activity generally occurs on
- Thursday Afternoon