ICT Support volunteer
Would you be able to help motivate others to use I.T?
Then this could be an ideal opportunity for you.
We are seeking support volunteers with good ICT skills to assist library tutors in delivering ICT Classes.
Volunteers will be required to provide two character references.
- To assist with and support the delivery of library ICT training courses and drop in sessions
- To assist staff in supporting learners of all ages in the use of a computer when attending library ICT training courses and drop in sessions
- To liaise with the tutor in order to understand the learning objectives of the session
- To encourage and motivate learners and where necessary be assigned to mentor an individual learner
- To provide feedback to the tutor regarding the progress of learners
- To assist with setting up and closing down procedures on the computers
- To participate in meetings and one to one supervision sessions as relevant
- Attend relevant training courses/workshops
- Log volunteering hours via an on-line computer system
- Good ICT skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to contribute effectively as part of a team
- Basic organisational skills
- A commitment to providing good customer care
- Ability to carry out tasks with minimum supervision
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
SCHEDULE: Weds AM/PM
LOCATION: Blackburn Central Library, BB2 1AG
This activity generally occurs on
- Tuesday Morning
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday Afternoon
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyVolunteerPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account