Lancaster District - Lancashire Refugee Resettlement Programme - Conversation workshop Sessions - Lancaster District LRRP
Conversation workshop Sessions Volunteer – Lancashire Refugee Resettlement Programme (LRRP)
Do you have teaching experience? Would like to support workshop sessions arranged by LRRP
It is pivotal when helping people to feel integrated into a new area to provide them with the opportunity gain and improve on their ability to converse with others
in a supportive, empathetic environment.
To enable this to happen access to specific groups and places where those encounters can take place is being arranged.
Lancashire Refugee Resettlement Programme requires volunteers to help at these sessions.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Supporting ESOL workshops
- Engaging with the group supporting those attending to take part and to get involved, may also require 121
- Supporting sessions that are delivered at venues online as required
- Help with building new skills, confidence, and motivation
- Help setting up the room for group work and tidying up afterwards (Building based)
- Log your volunteering hours monthly online
- Be over the age of 18
- Commitment to addressing the needs of refugees and asylum seekers & interest in refugee issues.
- ESOL / Teaching experience would be an advantage
- Patience and understanding, trustworthy and responsible
- Approachable and Friendly
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- An ability to motivate and inspire others
- Excellent communication skills (no additional language skills required)
- Active Listener
- Reliable and committed to providing long term volunteering support on dates required
- Ability to work well as part of a team
Dates & times will be provided upon completion of training and acceptance to the role.
Training will be provided in the form of distance eLearning. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and will be expected to regularly refresh training where required.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Afternoon, Evening
- Tuesday - Afternoon, Evening
- Wednesday - Afternoon, Evening
- Thursday - Afternoon, Evening
- Friday - Afternoon, Evening
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account