Templates - retain - Reception / Administration Volunteer
Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council provides a range of services and activities to support children under five, parents and carers and prospective parents.
There are 8 children’s centres in Blackburn with Darwen which act as a network of support.
Children’s centres are developed in line with the needs of the local community. No one children’s centre is the same but each provides a core set of services.
Most children’s centres are open from 8am to 6pm – Monday to Friday.
We are seeking volunteers to support children aged 2 to 5 year olds in their learning and development offering a safe and stimulating environment.
- Craft activities
- Supporting with outdoor play activities
- Supporting children with their snacks
- Ensuring a clean and tidy environment for children to play and learn
Log volunteering hours via an on-line computer system
- Love of being with children
- Enthusiastic and Motivated
- Good communication skills
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to learn and understand how to protect children from risk of harm
- Able to tolerate children’s noise levels
Ability to contribute effectively as part of a team
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Training includes: Basic safeguarding, Baby Friendly Initiative.
A DBS check is required for this role.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon