Community Centre - DARWEN VALLEY - Centre Administration Support Volunteer - DARWEN VALLEY
Centre AdministrationSupport Volunteer
Volunteering in community centres is extremely rewarding as you will meet people from all walks of life and will be able to make a positive difference to their lives.
The community centre volunteers are extremely passionate about their centre and its activities and we are looking for more passionate people to help.
Supported by the Blackburn with Darwen Community Assets Team, community centres are run entirely by volunteers and each volunteer has a unique set of skills which are important in the overall management of the centre. Volunteers play a crucial part in helping to ensure that community centres remain open for residents to access facilities locally.
All roles will provide valuable experience and opportunities to access training.
The role of a centre admin assistant is to provide support by organising meetings, typing documents and updating computer records. We are seeking volunteers to support and assist fellow volunteers within the community centre
Please note that all volunteers are required to have a DBS.
- Dealing with queries from customers through the phone, email and social media.
- Greeting visitors at reception.
- Log volunteering hours via an on-line computer system.
- Typing reports.
- Updating computer records.
- Printing and photocopying.
- Ordering supplies.
- Setting up meetings and taking notes during them.
Support review of policies and procedures for improving centre management
- Organisational skills.
- IT skills.
- Number skills.
- Good level of English, spelling and grammar.
Being comfortable in a community office environment.
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyVolunteerPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account